June 25, 2012
Plan your 4th of July celebration with us!
Colonial Williamsburg’s Independence Day Celebration, Wednesday, July 4, brings more fanfare this year with new events. Free parking is available in the Colonial Williamsburg Regional Visitor Center parking lot and, throughout July 4, ride Colonial Williamsburg’s buses free. The schedule of events includes:
- 10:00 a.m. “Salute to the States,” behind the Courthouse. A special militia muster salutes the 13 original states with Colonial Williamsburg’s Fifes and Drums, musket and cannon fire.
- 12:00, “Declaration of Independence,” Capitol. The declaration is read to the citizens. The news arrives only a few weeks after Virginia’s representatives have adopted their own Declaration of Rights and a constitution for the new state. Join us for this special presentation that gives voice to “the People’s” document.
- 5:30 p.m. Fifes and Drums march from the Capitol to Market Square.
- 6:00 p.m. Courthouse on Market Square. U.S. Air Force Heritage of America Band performs.
- 6:00 p.m. Governor’s Palace picnic.
- 7:45 p.m. Colonial Williamsburg’s Fifes and Drums perform.
- 8:00 p.m. Virginia Symphony Orchestra performs on Palace Green.
- 9:30 p.m. Fireworks!